Travel: up to 25%
The Strategic Account Manager will be a part of a team leading Customer Success initiatives, keeping the company focused on customer outcomes, and playing a central role in directing the future of the product. The Strategic Account Manager will understand customer goals and value drivers through the ongoing collection and analysis of data and feedback, connecting this into onboarding and retention strategies and input into the product road map. The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for growing and expanding the assigned book of business and continually looking for ways to drive revenue and meet goals.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven Account Management experience with demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence effectively at all levels of the organization, including C-level executives.
- Experience in creating and executing against customer contracts
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and set customer expectations appropriately
- Experience working with, and managing, multiple stakeholders and customers
- Active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to be open to coaching and new ways of accomplishing goals
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can-do" proactive and strategic mindset
Customer Account Management
- Serve as the primary strategic liaison and day-to-day contact for customer
- Build strong client relationships at the executive level
- Identify expansion opportunities and action plan to execute against those opportunities, always thinking “what’s next?”
- Fluent in Deck Commerce capabilities, ensuring our customers understand how our services can help them reach their business goals
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ needs to create and propose appropriate solutions
- Oversee the onboarding of new accounts to ensure successful launch and adoption
- Proactively lead both customer and internal teams to collaborate across functions
- Lead customer meetings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Continually align with customer on strategic initiatives and action planning to execute against goals
- Manage escalations by collaborating with development, product management, and support teams
- Understand customer outcomes by communicating with customers, analyze customer performance metrics, communicate industry trends and impact on business success
- Represent the voice of the customer to provide input into core product, marketing and sales processes
- Learn and understand client goals, workflows, and product usage habits to track toward identified milestones.
- Continually reinforce value and deliver successful outcomes throughout the entire customer journey
- Own and manage the health of the customer using established metrics and KPIs
- Build strong working relationships cross-functionally to successfully drive customer satisfaction
- Define and evolve the process of engagement across the organization to ensure our customers understand the value and benefit of our product and services
- Align with internal Executive team to ensure proper scoping of new projects and successful service delivery
Technical Acumen & Product Knowledge
- Possesses a working knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem, the role of OMS in that ecosystem, and best practices for system interactions.
- Expert knowledge of customer portal and ticketing system, and works to maintain client facing systems
- Act as a trusted advisor, thought leader, and subject matter expert to customers providing insights to customers to ensure that they get the most value from the platform with the aim of helping grow our customer base
- Educate clients on best practices related to eCommerce and usage of the Deck Commerce platform
- Identify opportunities for product usage improvement
- Identify customer growth opportunities by monitoring platform innovation, benchmarks and ecommerce industry changes and trends.
- Strive to create and maintain a strong customer relationship built on communication, transparency and trust.
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the duties listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
About Deck Commerce
Deck Commerce is the leading order management system (OMS) for direct-to-consumer retailers like New Balance, NETGEAR, Build-A-Bear, Saje Natural Wellness, and more! The highly flexible, cloud-based platform powers seamless, omnichannel shopping experiences through inventory management, robust order orchestration, and transaction processing. Deck Commerce OMS enables retailers to curate memorable experiences that turn every customer into their best customer.
Why Work With Us?
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits. Learn more by visiting our Careers page.