Location: St. Louis, MO or Remote
Travel: Up to 50%
The Solution Consultant is responsible for providing technical and sales expertise - drawing from experience gained in day-to-day eCommerce. This technical role will assist in closing incremental revenue generating opportunities and act as a trusted advisor to customers and prospects. The Solution Consultant will use an analytic assessment capability to convey a compelling consumer journey for prospects, assessing their current situation (pains/objectives) and defining a value-based solution approach in applying Deck Commerce products and services.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical sales engineering and enterprise selling or relevant experience
- Enterprise architecture knowledge and experience such as Infrastructure Design, Application Design, eCommerce, Integration Structure, cloud and serverless design principles and micro-services
- Complimentary market knowledge/competitive landscape in assisted service, self-service, commerce, marketing services, content/knowledge management, analytics, CRM, multi-channel
- Familiar with applications such as Sterling, Manhattan, Oracle Netsuite, Salesforce Commerce Cloud or other similar applications.
- Ability to understand and articulate the eCommerce order lifecycle
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present business solutions to senior executives as well as present technology to engineers
- Set up and deliver compelling contextual stories and value of the platform through demonstrations to prospect and clients
- Proficient in using, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Slack, Confluence, JIRA
- Understanding of SaaS/Cloud-based solutions
- Ability to work from a home office
- Work with Sales Leads to develop and implement strategies and solutions to meet customer requirements using Deck Commerce systems and services
- Engage prospects and customers in a consultative manner to align and convey the business value of Deck Commerce
- Support qualification assessment to determine solution feasibility using facilitation techniques and collaborative methods
- Create and deliver presentations and demonstrations of Deck Commerce capabilities
- Expand the prospect’s/customer’s vision via Deck Commerce value
- Seek opportunities to win customer business through innovation
- Elicit, identify, document and prioritize customer business requirements looking across business, technical, regulatory and implementation requirements in “as is” and “to be” states
- Facilitate project scoping and provide key input to the scoping exercise
- Author Statements of Work (SOWs) and manage the review, revision, and execution.
- Represent and advocate as the voice of the customer to internal teams
- Identify solution gaps and work to resolve them in conjunction with Product Management, Solution Architecture and other internal resources
- Record, communicate, and track product feature requests with Product Management
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the duties listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
About Deck Commerce
Deck Commerce is the leading order management system (OMS) for direct-to-consumer retailers like New Balance, NETGEAR, Build-A-Bear, Saje Natural Wellness, and more! The highly flexible, cloud-based platform powers seamless, omnichannel shopping experiences through inventory management, robust order orchestration, and transaction processing. Deck Commerce OMS enables retailers to curate memorable experiences that turn every customer into their best customer.
Why Work With Us?
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits. Learn more by visiting our Careers page.