Location: St. Louis, MO
The Senior Application Support Lead is the primary Support contact for Customers. The Senior Support Lead will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. Responsibilities include managing Customer issues and assist in the resolution of issues within the outlined service level standards. The Senior Support Lead will utilize email and ticket management tools to provide Customers responses to their reported issues. For more complex issues that require additional levels of support, the Senior Support Lead will coordinate internal resources to provide clear follow ups and support the team in working towards resolution. In addition, the Senior Application Support Lead will be active in leading and mentoring members of the Support Team while directing the improvements of Support tools, documentation and processes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering
3-5 years or more work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Technical proficiency in SaaS applications delivered on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in MS Office tools especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple Customer requests and set priority based on SLA’s
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to be open to coaching and new ways of accomplishing goals
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can-do" attitude
- Meet or exceed all Support SLAs
- Research and identify solutions to Customer issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including any number of non-code related issues from Customers
- Ask Customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Work with Customers to perform a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Provide light project management of iterations of development work being performed by Support development staff
- Manage resolution scope, identify change requests and work with customers to set priorities
- Work with Engineers and other technical staff to maintain up-to-date product documentation
- Ensure that the knowledge transfer processes, and the product documentation are sufficient to allow for effective support of customer applications
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. Engineers)
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged based on established department process
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Build strong working relationships with counterparts in the Deck Commerce organization to successfully drive Customer satisfaction.
- Define and evolve the process of engagement across the organization to ensure our Customers understand the value and benefit of the Deck Commerce offerings and services.
- Effectively coaches and mentors Customer Support team members as needed.
- Provide leadership and critical thinking in collaboration with the rest of the team as needed.
- Ability to understand and maintain the balance between the best interests of the customer compared to the best interests of Deck Commerce
- Participates in Customer Support meetings to improve the Customer Support process, team culture, and customer relations.
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the duties listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
About Deck Commerce
Deck Commerce is the leading order management system (OMS) for direct-to-consumer retailers like New Balance, NETGEAR, Build-A-Bear, Saje Natural Wellness, and more! The highly flexible, cloud-based platform powers seamless, omnichannel shopping experiences through inventory management, robust order orchestration, and transaction processing. Deck Commerce OMS enables retailers to curate memorable experiences that turn every customer into their best customer.
Why Work With Us?
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits. Learn more by visiting our Careers page.