Location: St. Louis, MO
Travel: up to 35%
The Deck Commerce Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple concurrent projects, including new customer implementations and follow-on projects for existing customers. The Project Manager serves as the main point of contact for the customer and all 3rd parties throughout the lifecycle of the project. The Project Manager works closely with multiple roles internally at Deck Commerce, including Sales, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Software Engineers, and Leadership to ensure customer objectives are met, projects are on schedule, on budget, and within scope.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of professional management experience in either consulting or industry experience. Preferred industries include retail, wholesale, distribution, or other commerce activities.
- 3+ years in a Project Management specific Team Lead role.
- Previous experience in the management of projects in a SaaS application environment focused on configuration over customization is preferred.
- Expert in management and communication tools including MS Office, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Experience understanding high-level business requirements and building solid relationships.
- Experience with enterprise-level software solutions.
- Ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Highly organized and task driven while managing multiple streams in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Innate drive to succeed with a corresponding track record.
- Interacts with Customers following a consultative approach.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resource needs and works with appropriate internal practice leads in the assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day project operations.
- Proactively manages change processes including effective tracking of change, communication of change to the Customer and gain approvals as required.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team and communicates with Customer.
- Review, approve, and report team hours and expenses weekly
- Manages day-to-day Customer communication.
- Sets and manages Customer expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with Customer personnel.
- Communicates effectively with Customers to identify needs and evaluate business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen Customer relationships.
- Facilitates all team and Customer meetings.
- Conducts regular status meetings with the project team.
- Communicates project status, project health, and hours burn down reporting regularly.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the Customer organization, business drivers, and success criteria.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to leadership.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations related to projects.
- Resolves and escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Assists Account Management and Sales team when there are additional revenue opportunities or changes in scope.
Project Team Leadership
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential and ensures they are contributing to the improvement of process and their development.
- Conducts retroactive project reviews and shares feedback and lessons learned with team members and leadership.
- Ensures retroactive project feedback is incorporated into process improvement and team growth.
- Mitigates project team conflict and communication issues.
- Participates in PMO meetings to improve the PMO process, team culture, and Customer relations.
- Participates in internal teams/task force initiatives.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem, the role of OMS in that ecosystem, and best practices for system interactions.
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the duties listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
About Deck Commerce
Deck Commerce is the leading order management system (OMS) for direct-to-consumer retailers like New Balance, NETGEAR, Build-A-Bear, Saje Natural Wellness, and more! The highly flexible, cloud-based platform powers seamless, omnichannel shopping experiences through inventory management, robust order orchestration, and transaction processing. Deck Commerce OMS enables retailers to curate memorable experiences that turn every customer into their best customer.
Why Work With Us?
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits. Learn more by visiting our Careers page.