Travel: up to 35%
The Manager of Project Delivery leads a team who is accountable for ontime, in-budget delivery of business projects. The Project Management Manager, leads and motivates a team of Project Managers and support staff, develops, and enhances enterprise-wide and internal project processes, and provides leadership throughout the entire lifecycle of required projects. The Manager of Project Delivery provides thought leadership and project portfolio level reporting to the Executive Leadership team. The Manager of Project Delivery will need manage a smaller portfolio of projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience leading a team of Project Managers
- 6+ years of Project Management experience in either consulting or industry experience. Preferred industries include retail, wholesale, distribution, or other commerce activities.
- 3+ years’ experience managing large eCommerce system implementation projects and 3-4 years in a Project Management specific Team Lead role.
- Previous experience in the management of projects in a SaaS application environment focused on configuration over customization is preferred.
- Team Leadership & Development: Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others
- Budget and cost management skills
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, and customers
- Resilience and resourcefulness
Developing and leading the project/program management office (PMO): The PMO is a ‘Centre of Excellence’ that helps achieve better quality, consistency, and oversight of projects across an enterprise by developing and maintaining project management methodologies, standards, and tools.
Establishing the organization’s approach to the full life cycle of projects: This includes everything from project planning, initiation, resourcing, and execution to monitoring, control and completion.
Ensuring the PMO meets performance targets: Align with the organization’s strategic objectives and adhere to best practices.
Acting as a trusted strategic advisor: May work alongside business leaders to help determine which projects should be undertaken why and when, not just how
Project Management Governance:
- Establish the PMO role and operating model (e.g. centralized or decentralized, areas of focus).
- Set standards for project management capabilities, success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools and templates to be used, etc.
- Monitor compliance with policies and standards.
Project Management Team Leadership:
- Establish the PMO organization structure
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers and Program Managers.
- Provide the first line of escalation and support to Project and Program Managers on issues.
- Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews.
Project Tracking & Monitoring:
- Track and provide project status and audit reports.
- Manage the risk, issue, and change resolution process, and work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget.
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the duties listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
About Deck Commerce
Deck Commerce is the leading order management system (OMS) for direct-to-consumer retailers like New Balance, NETGEAR, Build-A-Bear, Saje Natural Wellness, and more! The highly flexible, cloud-based platform powers seamless, omnichannel shopping experiences through inventory management, robust order orchestration, and transaction processing. Deck Commerce OMS enables retailers to curate memorable experiences that turn every customer into their best customer.
Why Work With Us?
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits. Learn more by visiting our Careers page.