Reporting to the Vice President, Delivery Services with a dotted line reporting responsibility to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing, the Solution Engineer is responsible for managing the pre-sales process as it relates to activities of a Solution Engineer. This includes requirement gathering, sales demos, project estimates, coordination of resources from technical and other teams in the providing of data for Customer estimates. Participate as needed in various marketing activities.
- Conduct requirement gathering and analysis consisting of documentation of initial requirements and customer email communication in collaboration with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing in support of new Customer pursuits, and Customer Success in support of existing Customer projects.
- Prepare and present product demonstrations for the Deck Commerce Order Management platforms.
- Act as subject matter expert of Deck Commerce delivery methodologies and implementation processes.
- Apply a consultative approach to identify and create OMS configurations and solutions for Customers that meet their requirements and budgets.
- Prepare and provide input for functional responses to Client Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Cross disciplinary team coordination to gather questions and responses on issues identified from customer feedback.
- Full knowledge transfer to internal teams of solution delivery plans ascertained during the sales processes. Continue to be a resource to the delivery teams to provide background and solution intent during project delivery.
- Participate in Customer facing sales meetings (either remotely or on site) as needed by the Sales leaders and partners.
- Independently, and in partnership with practice leadership, keep up to date knowledge of supporting technology partner’s capabilities and solutions to be considered in Client estimates.
- Provide thought leadership on new technologies and solutions that create value for our prospects and Customers.
Internal Processes & Other Responsibilities
- Manage and update tools utilized in the sales estimation process including quoting tools and reference library.
- Participate in the Quarterly Process Review as it relates to solutioning estimates and process updates. Track action items and follow up with team members for status.
- Provide input and leadership on methodologies, process, best practice on the sales demonstration and estimation process.
- Answer all Customer requests (phone calls, emails and other communiqués) in a timely fashion, but in no event more than 24 hours from the receipt of a communication.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Deck Commerce is an Order Management System engineered for omni-channel commerce. The cloud-based platform connects front-end shopping channels with back-end business systems and optimizes the processes for fulfilling and servicing orders. This enables retailers and branded product companies to grow revenues and improve customer engagement by delivering modern shopping experiences. Deck Commerce powers leading brands such as New Balance, Rawlings, Build-a-Bear and more.
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits.