The Deck Commerce Product Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple concurrent internally focused projects, including product roadmap delivery projects, customer product improvement projects, and product issue projects. The Product Project Manager works closely with various internal roles at Deck Commerce, including Engineering, Product, Sales, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, and Leadership. This role ensures product roadmap release objectives are met, projects are on schedule, on budget, and meet quality and scope requirements.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resource needs and works with appropriate internal practice leads in the assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Manages all day-to-day project operations, including resource planning, task management, risk assessment, and mitigation.
- Proactively manages change processes, including effective tracking of change, communication of change to the Customer, and approval as required.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the team and communicates with internal stakeholders.
- Review, approve, and report team hours and expenses weekly.
Internal Stakeholder Management
- Manages day-to-day stakeholder communication.
- Sets and manages stakeholder expectations.
- Facilitates all team and internal stakeholder meetings.
- Conducts regular status meetings with the project team.
- Communicates project status, project health, and hours burn down reporting regularly.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to leadership.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations related to projects.
- Resolves and escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Project Team Leadership
- Effectively coaches and mentors project team members as needed.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential and ensures they contribute to the improvement of process and development.
- Conducts retroactive project reviews and shares feedback and lessons learned with team members and leadership.
- Ensures retroactive project feedback is incorporated into process improvement and team growth.
- Mitigates project team conflict and communication issues.
- Participates in PMO meetings to improve the PMO process and team culture.
- Participates in internal teams/task force initiatives.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design.
- Experienced in delivering projects tied to product release roadmaps (for new features and bug fixes) and ensuring completeness of updates, including requirements, documentation, testing, and supporting release activities.
- Possesses expert knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem, OMS's role in that ecosystem, and best practices for system interactions.
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the responsibilities listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
Deck Commerce is an Order Management System engineered for omni-channel commerce. The cloud-based platform connects front-end shopping channels with back-end business systems and optimizes the processes for fulfilling and servicing orders. This enables retailers and branded product companies to grow revenues and improve customer engagement by delivering modern shopping experiences. Deck Commerce powers leading brands such as New Balance, Rawlings, Build-a-Bear and more.
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits.