The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is key role within Deck Commerce. At Deck Commerce, we provide a SaaS Order Management System (OMS) that is used by top name-brand retailer across the globe. The SRE Lead will be responsible for ensuring that our solutions are functioning at peak performance 24x7. Our customers depend on us!
We are a fast growing and dynamic company looking for an SRE leader to take us to the next level. The role will focus on ensuring that our cloud deployed solutions are running at peak performance and optimally using the cloud to provide rock-solid reliability. The role is also responsible for engaging closely with our engineering team to ensure that there is an efficient and reliable CI/CD process producing high-quality code on a predictable cadence.
We are looking for a leader who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, team-focused environment where everybody makes a difference every day.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a development role with lead or architect experience
- 2-3 years hands-on experience with cloud technology architecture and web application deployment models (Azure experience preferred)
- 3-5 years as a senior developer or application architect
- Experience with enterprise level system monitoring tools (e.g., Datadog)
- Understanding of major CI/CD approaches
- Command of automation technologies and tools
- Highly innovative with a drive for operational excellence
- Highly collaborative but not hesitant take ownership and move fast
- Strong desire to be part of a highly dynamic and talented technology team!
- Ability to provide emergency support 24/7 if required
Operational Health & Automation—uptime, performance, redundancy, fault-detection.
- Deploy and manage tooling to monitor Azure based production systems relative to performance, reliability, and scale.
- Ensure that architecture and deployment models are sufficient to support SLA commitments
- Leverage cloud technology and platform capabilities to provide operationally sustainable solutions that are robust and cost effective.
- Provide regular updates and recommendations to Sr Leadership on health and performance of production systems
- Work with development team and build process to ensure tools and automation is in place to ensure reliable and quality code deployments.
- Establish a CI/CD framework through tight engagement with engineering team
- Engage with QA team to establish and manage an automated test framework
- Provide regular updates and recommendations to Sr Leadership regarding reliability and effectiveness of the CI/CD environment.
Support Team Tooling & Automation
Engage with product support team to identify and provide self-service tooling and automation that drive efficiencies, scale, and overall customer experience.
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the duties listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
About Deck Commerce
Deck Commerce is the leading order management system (OMS) for direct-to-consumer retailers like New Balance, NETGEAR, Build-A-Bear, Saje Natural Wellness, and more! The highly flexible, cloud-based platform powers seamless, omnichannel shopping experiences through inventory management, robust order orchestration, and transaction processing. Deck Commerce OMS enables retailers to curate memorable experiences that turn every customer into their best customer.
Why Work With Us?
If you thrive in a team-focused, innovative environment and have a passion for technology, eCommerce, and amazing service, then Deck Commerce is the place for you. Our approach with customers is grounded in long-term success, and we take the same approach with our employees by prioritizing work-life balance and professional development. We value a strong company culture and offer excellent pay and benefits. Learn more by visiting our Careers page.